From the team:

Hi everyone,

We are thrilled to announce that our third most-voted feature request on User Voice — passkeys support — is now available for everyone in Proton Pass on all platforms!

Passkeys provide a secure and convenient alternative to passwords, and you can now save, store, and edit passkeys in Proton Pass.

📣Read the full announcement

📚Learn about passkeys

As always, thank you for your continued support and let us know what you think.

— Proton Team

EDITS:

• The updated Firefox extension will be available soon.
  • PIN: 3 failed attempts will result in being logged out to prevent brute force attacks.
  • Subscribers can enable Proton Sentinel which helps to prevent account takeovers, even when an attacker has stolen your password.
  • Biometric unlock will also be available soon for Windows and Mac desktop apps.
  • Patrick S@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Great news! I had been debating going back to 1password because of passkey support, but not now!

• byte1000
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Q: Why do I have to enable Google Password Manager as an additional provider in order to make it work on Android?

• BCsven@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I don’t think that popped up during my install, but I’m on GrapheneOS so probably not even installed. pass works without it so probably google trying to be the boss of the phone

• Nelizea@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

They did release it, it is pending approval @ Firefox. Have a little patience ;)