What does everyone use?

I’m trying to show quoted text on, well, Twitter and want to use a highlighter on the Internet without using a highlighter in real life.

Then save the image and show everyone what I have.

It sucks because Adobe Acrobat is trash. I can’t believe I got desperate enough to pay for it today.

The OCR capabilities are horrible and Adobe Scan just doesn’t work for me, I feel, because I can’t keep the physical copy pages still…

So now I’m back to just wanting to take a picture and put high-lighter text on an image rather than the actual pages (I probably should get used to annotating and highlighting text physically but I’ll walk that bridge when I get there…)

What should I use?

I can’t Internet to save my life…

sad-boi

• appel@whiskers.bim.boats
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Xournalpp is good for editing and marking up pdfs, and you can use openscan on your phone to scan it in. (It’s on fdroid)

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Yes you can do freehand highlighting or select text to highlight. It’s free and open source software, and is also free to download. (To answer your other question)

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Yes you should! Most of the time there is open source software available for what you need, and most often it is better than any proprietary version. I’m certain there is some ocr software available, and something on my system has it because I keep updating “tesseract” which is an open source OCR package.