Hello comrades, I read a comment on a post either on lemmygrad or hexbear talking about how most discourse happening was of poor quality and indicative of a lack of genuine leftist groups in the imperial core. Basically if there were patty’s with some teeth they would enforce party discipline and education and that would lead to higher quality discourse online.

I also read some of Lenins2ndcat’s comments which were very patient when they were interacting with users from other communities.

Is there anyway to work on like, an online party discipline? Or like having users who are very good at discussing with libs have a more concerted approach to their interactions? It really seems that much of us are often too aggressive and meme-y and as fun as that is it really isn’t productive.

I get that this isn’t how praxis or anything happens, it seems more like the way we engage could be more productive and fruitful in the long term and considerations like this might go a long way.

TL;DR Planned economy but for memeposting

• DankZedong @lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I think we should always engage in a positive way first as long as the other person is acting in good faith. But too many times you will have people calling you names or making the millionth baseless assumption about communism and that can get tiring. Especially when some of the people on here are doing party work in real life as well. I spent a lot of time each week doing party work, talking to people, having discussions about communism etc. and it mostly happens in good faith. But then I get online and it’s ‘PUTLER 100 BILLION DEATH XINNIE THE POOH SLAVA UKRAINI’ within two seconds and I lose all my intentions to stay nice.

Maybe a planned meme economy is a good thing. I hope some people here want to join your project.

• RedClouds@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Wow it’s like you are in my head. I was engaging with a group recently on another forum and felt the whole “I tried to give a good faith argument, but got called a tankie right away then a slew of baseless attacks on my character for no reason, and by people who clearly didn’t read what I wrote”.

It’s fucking exhausting, and actually it is nice to just chill here and read memes and laugh at some shit because I just need that time to cool off.

• urshanabi@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Ah thanks for the response. If you’ve been a member of the community for long, would you say the reddit exodus is when some of this type of discourse increased in frequency?