I’m running a very small business and now I have a need to start tracking my sales and expenses for the business. Not looking for a full blown Quickbooks type of thing but if that’s all that’s available then no big deal, I can just use what I need and ignore the rest.

Obviously, I have to self host this. Hardware available varies but I have several raspberry pi’s laying around not doing much (3, 4 & 5). Ideally dockerized. My research shows GnuCash, Akaunting and Odoo.

What does this awesome community recommend?

P.S. Tried spinning up Akaunting on an rpi 5 and encountered a breaking bug (already reported to their github).

• bobbytables@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I use InvoiceNinja for what seems to be a very similar use case. After a doable learning curve I really like it. You can install it on bare metal or use docker.

• lal309@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Just to be clear I just need to track my sales/revenue (even if input is manual) and track expenses (bonus if I could upload a picture of a receipt).

I don’t need to actually send an invoice (I do this straight from my website and it’s a seamless integration so not looking to reinvent this wheel, yet!)

Given the above, is in InvoiceNinja still a good candidate?

• bobbytables@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Sorry for answering so late. Yes, just mark the invoice as paid or something. Your have to have the invoice in the system though as far as I know.