Hello everyone, I have a question about Blender properties. I’m reading BlenderDMX documentation and at page BlenderDMX docs paragraph “BlenderDMX DMX driver for Blender” it says that I can use DMX signals to control any Blender property. I also have modelled some lasers and would love to control some of the nodes’ properties (Emission Color mostly) with DMX for a simulation. Does anyone know if that’s possible and how to do it? A search for “blender properties” and “blender property keywords” gave me nothing.

• (⬤ᴥ⬤)@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

i’m pretty sure that you can use drivers to map an array to a color but I don’t know how dmx works specifically, I’ll look into it when i can

You can also ask in curtis holt’s help channel on his discord, it’s got really nice helpers who might be more familiar with this addon

• TDSOJohn@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Thanks, I already solved it! I didn’t know that Drivers exist. The solution was to create a driver for each of the rgb color coordinates of the emitter, connect to a dmx channel and divide the value by 255.

I then connected to qlc+ using a virtual dmx channel and could control everything 😌