• VitaMan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

After the pretty amazing talent Baker showed with the Rams after all the drama with the Panthers, I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

• Spendies@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I mean he had 2 decent games and 3 bad games with the rams. His best statline last year was 230 yards and 2 TDs. That’s not great.

The only “amazing” thing he did was win a game while only being on the team for like 24 hours.

Maybe he still has it, but there’s not much from last year that indicates he does imo.

• smokelessndepressed@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

They weren’t bad games, the first win was amazing but we had a lot of injuries last year and he made the team competitive again. I don’t know if his stats were good but he did a great job at the rams and with Cupp in the field and a decent d-line, I’m sure we would have made the playoffs. if they let him play and if he’s as motivated as he was with the Rams, he’s a very good starter for almost any team (not a tier 1 qb obliviously, but a very decent tier 2-3).

• itsgroundhogdayagain@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

he seems to be very streaky like Fitzmagic but that doesn’t hold up for a full season. Dude plays hard though and I hope he succeeds in Tampa.