So folks for quite some time i have been curious as to how people webdl and after doing research a bit i found out the way to dl from streaming sites like crunchyroll.

Got the video and audio decrypted with mp4decrpt and it worked wonders. tho it’s not as easy as i am making it out to be

Coming to my real question. Does this process work for let’s say DRM encrypted music too? There’s amazon music and apple music which offer Lossless music but since i don’t have a subscription to them i couldn’t try it.

I know many of you might not like sharing information like this. but i would really like to learn, since this isn’t reddit anymore information can be shared freely but if u prefer you could PM me

• NR8@reddthat.comOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Okay let me rephrase what i wanted to say “I have successfully decrypted DRM protected streams from streaming sites”
    There are various steps included like finding PSSH, mpd url, downloading the unplayable video and audio stream, then decrypting and then merging them.

Now the recorded audio will not have same quality as the downloaded one. it will just be a bad re-encode of the original source

So does the method i applied while downloading videos, work for music too?

• uyuu@lemmy.4d2.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Generally yes, but while the tools to download from CR (yt-dlp) is available, the same cannot be said about widevine protected content. There are some, but only for L3, but for music that should be enough.

• NR8@reddthat.comOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

the tools that are available RIP the files, which is not the same as DL, it’s an encode not on the same quality as the original file. the DL is basically the source file without DRM anyways i went up to spotify but i couldn’t find any m3u/mpd stream links under the network tab while playing a song. Guess it is somewhat different for music streaming. in video streaming i could easily find one