• daltotron@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

You know, as much as I do like this website, I do find it kind of tiring how the top posts tend to just be like. Like this is an NPC meme, you know? This is a chad vs virgin type of meme. This is about a step away from choosing to portray your opposition as a soy wojack. Sometimes I find that kind of funny because of how absurdly idiotic and brainbroken it reveals the creator of the meme to have been, but I dunno, something about the mainstream adoption of this kind of thing is just kind of incredibly depressing. It’s like I am seeing the mainstream consciousness break apart in real time.

Can we go back to advice animals and rage comics, guys?

• bleistift2@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

With a minimum wage job ($7.25/hr) you need to work about 5 to 13 hours per day to make that much – before taxes.

This is the main point of this post. The meme is just a means to gain attention. I believe people are more likely to consume meme posts than plaintext.

• TheDonkerZ@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Memes have become a sort of coping mechanism/method of communication, and it just reflects the the broader state of the world around them.

Places like Lemmy have becomes bastions for people to share their thoughts and opinions, because the overwhelming consensus is the acknowledgment of being helpless and this is a way to vent and share (what should be) obvious solutions to the problems we’re facing.

Sure, we go out and vote and talk to friends and family about the things we can do to make change, but we’re not in the class of people to make that change happen.

So I say fuck it, post away the neo-nilhism memes, I’ll upvote em and laugh away the enormous issues the world has.