The executive producer on Netflix’s The Witcher has blamed American audiences and social media sites such as TikTok for…

• isthingoneventhis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

man the dune movie was so interesting sounding and watching it was such a … idk… it was an experience. There was so much stuff that seemed so loosely strung together to the point of feeling almost baffling. I wouldn’t think LoTR or early GoT are comparable?

• C4RP3_N0CT3M@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

You might need to go back and watch it again. I had a completely different experience, and I found the plot rather cohesive. It’s one of the best movies I’ve ever seen in my opinion.

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I felt like Dune needed some prior knowledge of the books to really follow the plot. Not because the plot wasn’t cohesive, but because so much plot was condensed into a movie that was already 2 and half hours long. It’s not the fault of the movie, the book is just dense. But it does end up disorienting for the average viewer who can’t instantly adjust their understanding of the universe to fully follow the plot.

• C4RP3_N0CT3M@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

That’s fair. I never read the books or even watched the original movie, but I do have fans in my circle that have given me a bit of an indirect knowledge of the Duniverse. Even still, the acting, the cinematography, the music, everything in this movie is just amazing to me.