• HeckGazer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Aha! You activated my adhd trap card. Bought 50 pairs of the same shirt, 200 of the same socks and underwear, 20 of the same shorts, threw out everything else. Cya decision fatigue or the spoon robbing experience of ever having to buy clothes again.

• HeckGazer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Yes, and I hardly go through the stack in a week, but having a large reserve safeguards against exactly what OP was talking about. Clothes wear out and get damaged, would be a shame to have to reinvest in a new set if the death of just a few depletes the reserves.

• Kit Sorens@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I hate shopping tbh… And having to go and do stuff in general that isn’t a spur of the moment whim. So when I do need new undies or socks I grab the first thing I see that looks like it will fit me. I have 0 brand loyalty, so I just burn through walmart specials as I need it.

• Moegle@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This is what smartphones are for. Take picture of clothing item. Take picture of clothing item tag. Save pictures in a “clothes” folder that is synced and/or backed up elsewhere and reference them as needed.

• ABCDE@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Exactly the same. I have one t-shirt with a design from Uniqlo because I thought it was rather cool.

• mixolyxo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

And needing the tags because you can’t throw them away for whatever reason, even though they’re trash.