The idea is to go beyond the usual technical screening filters, and measure the fit between candidates and potential teammates. This can help up speed the hiring process and prospective employees to learn about the company beyond the standard corporate talk.

• slazer2au@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Surely this relies on employers knowing their tech stack and not saying we want a DBA, DevOps, networking, windows, Linux , and VMware admin all in one.

• rglullis@communick.newsOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I’m saying going beyond the technical part, not ignoring it.

Could you please save the snarky comments and let go of your prejudices until after you’ve seen how it works?

If you checked how the matching algorithm works, which I straight up lifted from OkCupid you’d see that clueless employers would end up penalized and you’ll be a lot less likely to see them.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          3 months ago

You don’t have to. I am not forcing anyone to go and use it. But it is weird how people go out of their way to post just a random rant on a community for people who want to give and receive feedback.

If the comment was about criticizing something specific about the site (“It looks ugly”, “It didn’t work”, “why are you using login with third-parties”, “some other tool already does it better”, etc) I’d have no problem with it. But I really, really don’t see the point of going around just putting down other people’s efforts while going off merely by their own assumptions and biases.

• PotentialProblem@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

I don’t think the parent comment was trying to make any negative comments about your site or even rant. I think they were just making an observation about the state of job reqs. Your reply came across as very defensive and a bit hostile, which is going to make me not want to engage or provide helpful feedback.

With that said, I genuinely wish you success.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              3 months ago

I don’t think the parent comment was trying to make any negative comments about your site or even rant

I find that hard to believe when I see his username on the list of downvoters.

I think they were just making an observation about the state of job reqs.

And even if you shared that opinion, wouldn’t you be at least interested in alternative methods for job searching?