• narc0tic_bird@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I like all the FOSS and community development of different Lemmy clients that’s going on, it’s really awesome and great to see.

But if Apollo was released for Lemmy, I’d subscribe to Ultra (or buy lifetime) in a heartbeat and only look at alternatives out of interest, not because I’d want to use them as my main Lemmy client. Apollo was just that good.

Views like this one feel pretty toxic and elitist to me. Let people use Sync if they like it. Let people use their Android phone unrooted if they are fine with it. Heck, let people use Windows if they like it.

• APassenger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Everyone needs to stop “yucking another person’s yum.”

You like what you have? Cool. Rave. I like what I have, I can rave. But I don’t get to tell you that your favorite app is objectively bad.

I just may not be for me. And that’s okay.

There’s way too much app-righteousness going on right now.

• poke@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The reactions around sync and people seeing “reddit behaviors” (read: human behavior) are incredibly toxic and tiring. Let people enjoy themselves and do what they want if they aren’t hurting anyone else. Lemmy/Kbin as a whole are growing, and I think that’s awesome in general that the community is working together to make their own social network. Let’s not soil it with pointless infighting and “better than thou” attitudes.

• itsJoelle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

You know. I prefer FOSS stuff when I can, but I’d drop it all if Apollo came out tomorrow.

Voyager has been good. Not perfect, bit good.

• MeetInPotatoes@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s kinda funny that “let people have things” has only about 9 out of 10 people in agreement.