• tok3n@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Agreed. I wish people would stop caring how others spend their money or what app they use. I thought we left this shit on Reddit.

• SendMePhotos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Lol it’s true.

I get it though. Other devs worked so hard on their own apps.

It’s like if many manager climbed their way up, then someone just got hired at their level for more money.

• jonesy@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I’m sure it’s great, it’s just that the rest of the excellent FOSS apps don’t have any advertising of any sort. You can support them with donations and such, which I would definitely recommend. I’m using Memmy for iOS.

Also, Material design is cool, but nothing special imo. If anything it just makes it easier to design a nice app, so not sure why I need to pay to remove ads when there are hella free beautiful alternatives.

I’m in no way saying that people can’t choose a freemium style app, I just personally don’t see the value. Maybe I’ll try it out on my dev android phone at home later and see if there’s something I’m missing.

• spikespaz@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Nah. I was seeing blank cards where an ad was supposed to be though. Didn’t need to, because I’m a filthy pirate (using AdAway) but I bought the app to support.