• kora@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Mercury Stardust (Trans-Handy m’am on youtube) is hosting a live charity stream Mar 29-31 for this exact cause.

I recommend donations go through her and all needs directed the same. I say this as a trans refugee who’s been homeless for 6months. I get where this person is at, but direct aid is not always the best thing, especially for someone still under a disapproving roof.

• amazing_jordanzeus@mastodon.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

@KillingAndKindess @Kjev hello am Jordan Zeus a trans man living in South Sudan as a refugee an I kindly need help my house was damaged by the harsh weather and I now sleep outside here in the refugee camp and I also lack good and I can’t afford hospital bills , Sudan is a war country and me as a transgender person I go through alot I have been arrested many times cause of my sexuality am so much traumatized

• kora@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I wish I could help, I am so sorry you’re in this position that’s already difficult because of war. Unfortunately, I have no money myself.

You may reach out to these people as they may be in a position to help.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Hello there, fellow Indian. Not a trans, and I would have contributed, but I am broke myself. Have you tried asking folks on r/LGBTIndia?

• Kefi IrisOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Uhm, no, I do not have a Reddit account. I have forwarded their request to most platforms I have an account on.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Just wanted to let you know that government hospitals have schemes for free MTF surgery. I think that your friend is probably apprehensive about the quality of treatment, which is understandable. In that case, they should check out hospitals in nearby tier 2 and 3 cities.