“Mr Giuliani’s bankruptcy creditors had previously filed a motion to compel him to sell his condo — the former mayor said he needs it to keep him off the streets and recording his podcast”

• psvrh@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

There really is nothing like the victim complex held by a privileged person who finds out how the system treats everyone else.

See also: all the J6ers crying about finding out that actions have consequences.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Not only that, Giuliani specifically was very invested in making life as difficult as possible for the homeless during his time as mayor.

I would like to think that a vengeful God with some dark humor might put him in front of a judge arguing about it in person, so that the judge could have a chance to make the point to him while his own personal precious balls are in the vice he was so happy to construct for others.

“Well, that shouldn’t be a problem. Surely there are extensive services available for the homeless to help them get back on their feet. I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“No? Well, what if they lost their living situation as a result of criminal proceedings? Are there special exemptions to allow them to avoid homelessness in cases like that, or for leniency in the cases against them?”

“I’m surprised. I would have thought that it’s such a basic human right that some provision would have been made.”

“Oh well. Well, you would know better than I would; I think you were in government at one time and dealt with the policies yourself.”

“I understand that, Mr. Giuliani, but we do have other cases.”

“Bailiff? Could you remove him? I think our interaction is pretty much completed.”