• Phroon@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

You replied to jarfil with the words “this post”, it isn’t clear if “this post” refers to jarfil’s comment or to the article itself. Also, the use of “You” leads the reader to imply that the “You” is jarfil, rather than “You” meaning ‘anyone who tells someone to withhold their vote for a political stance’.

• jarfil@beehaw.org
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

jarful

Please, no… 🤦

(rant)

I’ve kept this nick since back in the 1990s, when I had to spell it over the phone while creating an account, because client support said “Oh, like Garfield?” and I found it funny… since I also liked cats, the comic strip, hated Mondays, and loved lasagna… a couple decades later Google decided that “Did you mean: jar file”, and since becoming a brony, the full jar thing has become a very unfortunate coincidence. But I refuse to change it, I was there first!..

• jarfil@beehaw.org
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

No, I was being funny… but now I’ll be crystal clear:

• IF you were referring to a generic group, THEN say so and we’re fine, but you could have made it more clear.
      • IF you were accusing me of being a vote suppressionist, THEN explain precisely what lead you to that idea, and we can see where the misunderstanding came from.
      • ELSE, I will assume you’re not discussing in good faith (trolling as you say) and hit the block button.

No hard feelings. 🕊