apparently r/anarchism has been in lockdown for quite some time now and they link to their own reddit alternative called raddle.me, which is not fediverse integrated, sadly. they also have a long list of alternatives, but lemmy isn’t one of them

That seems to be the case because lemmy’s main dev is a ml. (edit: meaning 'marxist leninist, apologies for not being clear on that)

It’s somewhat sad for me because the whole philosophy of the fediverse is anarchistic in its core, it is how it should be, it is how the internet should work. So I wondered - what are the biggest anarchistic communities in the fediverse so far?

edit: here some context I found on raddle: 1 2 3

• thepaperpilot@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I’ve seen what you’re talking about? Admittedly I’m on beehaw which is defederated from lemmygrad and several other instances, but it also has this community, and the sidebar links to a half dozen other anarchist communities. I agree with OP that federation as a concept is anarchistic in its core, and I don’t see the argument for how it could be considered friendly only to extreme authoritarianism.

As far as the users on the fediverse go, but most of the communities I’m in are either explicitly leftist or anarchist, or lean left (like 196, for example). Even on the “normie” communities like memes and stuff, I regularly see a meme referring to a leftist idea, some comment(s) decrying some typical capitalist propaganda like “but communism is only a fictitious ideal”, and then many people responding with corrections on what communism or anarchism actually are, what a non-authoritarian leftist society would look like, etc. and they get more upvotes than the propaganda comment! I just really haven’t seen any of this “left-lib hostility” you’re talking about.

• socsa@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Go through my profile if you want to see it. Look for the downvoted comments.

• thepaperpilot@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Alright, looked through a bit and I definitely see some of what you’re talking about in https://lemmy.ml/c/worldnews. Some of them I think were downvoted for other reasons, but there’s enough where I see your point. I’d argue that, similar to how the original devs being ML doesn’t mean much, so does one community (or even many) leaning one way. The whole appeal of federation is you/we can find a world news on a anarchist instance, for example, or any world news community that just happens to more closely align. Such an instance could also defed from the authoritarian left instances as well, etc. etc. Since there is no centralized authority on lemmy/the fediverse, there’s quite literally nothing they can do to prevent this.

• socsa@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Trust me, I get that. It’s just that this is one of the largest worldnews forums on the fediverse at the moment, so there aren’t many options yet.