apparently r/anarchism has been in lockdown for quite some time now and they link to their own reddit alternative called raddle.me, which is not fediverse integrated, sadly. they also have a long list of alternatives, but lemmy isn’t one of them

That seems to be the case because lemmy’s main dev is a ml. (edit: meaning 'marxist leninist, apologies for not being clear on that)

It’s somewhat sad for me because the whole philosophy of the fediverse is anarchistic in its core, it is how it should be, it is how the internet should work. So I wondered - what are the biggest anarchistic communities in the fediverse so far?

edit: here some context I found on raddle: 1 2 3

• lumpen2@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

this all checks out, I was never on r/anarchism but I’ve tried to go on raddle numerous times over the years, and every time i basically just leave in disgust because there’s so little nuance or good faith and if you aren’t completely down there their particular particular green-nihilist tendency you basically get treated like an enemy – not that I’m even against that tendency, but there’s many kinds of anarchism. And the mod(s? was it ever more than one person?) they were always having some public meltdown or being viciously attacked by people who they could have just banned ( or were they talking to themselves? ) It just always gives the place a spooky vibe, deep web forums are less paranoia inducing.

• masquenox@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

And the mod(s? was it ever more than one person?

Quite honestly it’s difficult to tell whether it was all just an army of sock accounts or if this user (still going as ziq over on raddle) had actually managed to recruit some loyal followers into their weird little purity-testing cult or something. Either way, it’s pretty fucked up.

But it did teach me an important lesson, though… any online space dedicated to leftists is going to inevitably attract these dangerous and toxic Napoleon-types (yes, I am naming them after the pig in Animal Farm - I’m going there) - people whose “leftism” only consists of that which facilitates their megalomania and who has the time and resources available to them to subvert those very spaces. It really explains why tankies have such a toxic presence online. Leftists should never fool themselves into assuming that someone understanding leftist theory automatically means they are acting in good faith.

So I don’t get too heavily invested in leftist-only spaces - I prefer being out there engaging people and doing counter-propaganda. It just feels a whole lot more productive.