Hi there,

Family owns a rather remote house in a quite rural area in Europe. This is a vacation home, and whilst it is possible to pay for WiFi, it’s not something they want to pay for considering they travel there maybe 3-4 times a year. So am now looking for alternative methods that involve using mobile data, as they have “unlimited” mobile data plans. So I think they’re looking for a GSM booster link/Dual Band Cellular Repeater (not entirely sure what the correct term is, but hope one of them are correct). The house they live in has very thick concrete walls, and is multiple stories tall. So while the coverage is somewhat useable on the second floor, it is basically nonexistent on the first floor. So one of these devices would be nice, as it would allow for making calls throughout the house too. So; are there any specific recommendations for this? I guess I would need to buy one that is specifically supported by our mobile operator?

If WiFi were to become more relevant in a few years, would you recommend Starlink over paying for WiFi? It seems more affordable than what WiFi costs here, from what I have checked.

Appreciate any comments and suggestions, have a nice day 🌻

Let me know if there are any other specific details that would be important for making this decision.

• TrumpetX@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Check out WeBoost brand repeaters. I live in what used to be a rural area and when we moved in the cell signal was trash inside the house but fine outside. Put an antenna outside on the roof, ran some coax cable to the kitchen and mounted a repeater there. No issues. Works for all major cell bands.