The share of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who believe that President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win was not legitimate has ticked back up, according to a new CNN poll fielded throughout July. All told, 69% of Republicans and Republican-leaners say Biden’s win was not legitimate, up from 63% earlier this year and through last fall, even as there is no evidence of election fraud that would have altered the outcome of the contest.

• starrox@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

While I still have some sympathy left for the few sane people in this once great nation, I’m at a point now where it is hard to really sympathize with you as a people. The political system is corrupted beyond recognition, toxicity and hate run rampant due to the allmighty “free speech” amendment and yet nobody seems to actually care if they are not personally affected in horrible ways.

By now it’s really easy to say “you get the government that you deserve”. And yet I dont fully believe it or want to say it because that would express the same apathy that you folks display when it comes to being governed.

So… maybe get your shit together collectively?!

• MossBear@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

One of the difficulties is that concessions made at the founding of the country are affecting us now. Mainly the electoral college. We likely would have been on the same trajectory as Europe if not for that.

• gonzoleroy@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

We’re trying, but you can’t reason with hate-fueled chaos. They’ll die off eventually and history won’t paint them as the patriots they imagine themselves. Sanity will return, but it will take time.