I’m fairly new to Warframe, only MR 6 with a few weapons maxed (and sold) and just now making Rhino as my first new frame. I have been working through the star chart and completing quests as I got them.

In my adventures I have encountered some opportunities to grind for certain things. Reputations with the syndicates, rewards from Fortuna or the the happy family in Deimos, or that frame you can buy from Duviri wyrm kills etcetera. But how do I know what is worth going for?

I don’t necessarily want to rush to end game ASAP, but I also don’t want to spend time grinding for something that I would very quickly replace anyway

• Convict45@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Doing two things or more at once is great, as Halasham says.

But most importantly, if the grind isn’t fun, don’t do it. If it’s not fun the way you’re doing it, find another way to do it. Back before they moved Harrow Systems, I spent roughly thirty hours getting it to drop in Caracol defection. It wasn’t super fun, but I made it more fun by experimenting with every frame I had to see if that frame could do the job effectively.

So to answer your question: anything that’s fun is worth doing. Because every piece of gear is worth having, and if it’s fun to get, then why not?

• Halasham@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

This. Thank you for adding this necessary piece of advice. Unfun grinds are horrible detractors from what makes the game good. Warframe is definitely a grind-game, forcing yourself to engage with grinds that you aren’t enjoying is probably the best way to kill your enjoyment.