link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

huh i wonder, if the answer is “yes” or “somewhat yes” is it a valid alternative to replacing the power supply in my tv?
    i got one for free with a busted psu, but the power supply board is extremely rare (i only ever saw two listings of it, one on AliExpress and one on ebay, both just one piece left and for higher price than a new used tv; similar boards are like 5 times cheaper)
    basically, unless i could find an alternative solution like that, I’m throwing it away

• valkyre09@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

This comment reminds me of an episode of Pawn Stars when the son bought a very rare and expensive bike to fix up. The dad gave him hell saying if the bike is so rare and expensive, where are they going to get parts!?

• BoscoBear@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I think you will need a power supply for your panel in addition to a driver board like this. This only provides the signals needed to switch the pixels but not the power to drive them. Some of these include backlight drivers but even then I think you would probably need more current for a TV than these provide.