Hello all,

I hope my question is not too stupid. :-) I have the following concern: I would like to create - in general terms - a maze in which computer-generated enemies follow a random path and can also come towards me. (I assume I need 3D for this.) After some reading, I have determined that Godot might be the wisest choice for this.

Now I have no experience at all in developing games and designing graphics, so I need a hint in the right direction: What is the easiest way to create a three-dimensional model of an opponent and insert it on a map in Godot so that it automatically follows a certain path? I assume I need Blender or similar software for that?

• Feyter@programming.devM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Depends on what you call easy 😄

It’s just my point of view that there is no such thing as “easy” if you do it for the first time. It’s always easy if you know now everything works. Don’t want you discouraged you.

I think a project like this where you have a goal in mind and try to find out how to achieve it is much better to learn than following strictly a tutorial and just replicating it step by step.