If pollution levels go too high, the game ends for everyone. It’s a fun escape!

• jeffw@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

TIL Klaus Teuber is dead. Glad his son is keeping it going though

• danciestlobster@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I’m with you, friend. Catan is a gateway board game into heavier games but it has been largely replaced by wingspan. Mechanically, it’s a little too antagonistic and rng based to be an amazing new player option when there are so many better ones.

Idk if people out there love Catan more power to em I suppose but no matter what you are into there is probably something out there you will like more

• msage@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

I randomly bought Unfanthomable and it’s been such a blast, I can’t recommend that game enough

• dellish@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Catan was my gateway game 25 years ago, and I really liked the Cities and Knights expansion as it felt like a logical progression. After that I lost interest in all the variations that came out. I still have the first two on my shelf and play them occasionally though.

• Hazmatastic@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I will say that I have played Catan once and destroyed at it. I had no idea what I was doing and was getting general guidance only. Pure luck did the rest. Was fun though, might look into this wingspan thing