• RNAi [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Sure, every person wants to play a game filled with only half naked sexy women in it, it’s not off-putting nor embarassing at all for anyone ever, because only lonely basement dwellers buy and play vidyagames, right?

For fuck sakes, I like the Witcher Saga games but it’s so embarassing that every single non-evil woman shows off so much cleavage all the time, makes me feel like a fucking creep for playing it. Sure the politics of the game arent great either, etc

• booty [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

but it’s so embarassing that every single non-evil woman shows off so much cleavage all the time

Especially insulting because one of the biggest offenders, Triss, was in the books. She had like 4 character traits. One of them was that she NEVER SHOWS CLEAVAGE. EVER. She has extreme trauma related to a time she was almost burned to death, and she was very self-conscious of the faint burn scars that were still visible on her chest from that experience.

So some dipshit at CDPR reads that and goes, “Ah, yes, I have just the outfit for her. How’s this?” It’s so fucking cringe goddamn it pisses me off

• Tankiedesantski [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

For fuck sakes, I like the Witcher Saga games but it’s so embarassing that every single non-evil woman shows off so much cleavage all the time, makes me feel like a fucking creep for playing it. Sure the politics of the game arent great either, etc

Witcher 1 had Geralt collecting tradings cards of women he slept with in provocative poses. Like you sleep with them, it fades to black, then the trading card fills up the screen.

Real bad time to have your parents walk in the room.

Anyway, I’m glad they realized how cringe they were being and toned it down a bit.

• TraschcanOfIdeology [they/them, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Witcher 1 had Geralt collecting tradings cards of women he slept with in provocative poses. Like you sleep with them, it fades to black, then the trading card fills up the screen.

I still remember the first time I accidentally found out this happens. Really turned me off the (already pretty bad and clunky) game. I only finished it because I wanted to see where the story goes.

• tormeh
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Huh? They’ve been pretty ok after the 1st one, which admittedly was very cringe.