And why? For me its definitely Warcraft 3 Reforged. They literally made a quick money grab AND you can’t even play online the old W3 without having to download 30gb of trash.

• sarsaparilyptus@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Half-Life Alyx, because they made me wait a lifetime for another HL game and it’s a VR game. I’m sure it’s the best VR game money can buy, but playing it as intended would cost me a fortune and all I’d get out of it is motion-sickness-induced projectile vomiting.

• ILeftReddit@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Lot’s of people can’t play VR, including me. I’m not going to force my way through feeling like shit day after day to enjoy something.

• iAmTheTot@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Just some food for thought. VR gets easier over time when you “train yourself” on it. Start small with not very dynamic games, gradually move yourself up, your body will adapt. Second, I believe there’s a non VR modded version out there.

• n0stalghia@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I previously commented about Dragon Age and Borderlands but screw that. THIS is the answer I’m going with. Half-Life: Alyx.

I played it under best possible conditions - with a Valve Index, in a full room VR - and absolutely hated it. Cumbersome, slow, and survival horror instead of running around killing stuff feeling like a badass. It doesn’t feel like a Half-Life game at all. HL1, HL1:BS, HL1:OF, HL2, HL2:E1, HL2:E2, HL2:LC, Black mesa all were same and all were fun. HL:A? Not so much.