• TechNerdWizard42@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

If you want to live in a stupid little farm like it’s 1899, then do it. And stop complaining that the internet is slow or nonexistent, the cellular phones are weak signalled, the roads aren’t plowed, mail doesn’t get delivered, your well runs dry and your shit box fills up in the yard. You chose to do this. Live with your consequences and F off.

• jeffw@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Why don’t people in poverty just move?! Great suggestion, but not that simple

• TechNerdWizard42@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

That’s the biggest shittiest excuse Americans throw out. If things are bad, you can move. My ancestors have moved with nothing but the clothes on their backs multiple times over the last few hundred years. Any refugee truly fleeing violence or generational inexcapable poverty, will move. They will not stop to consider bringing their PS5 with them. They may take some photos, jewellery, and ancestral mementos. Then go.

The “I’m poor so I can’t do anything” mentality is for lazy idiots. You absolutely can move. No it won’t be as easy as eating cheetos in your underpants in the trailer park. But you can. You just choose not to.