To clarify : “strength of character”

• Syn_Attck@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

It’s not a now thing. The masses have always been collectively dumb. There are some individuals who are intelligent, and they tend to form groups or colleges so they can be around similarly minded individuals.

Lemmy is not a good place for nuanced or intelligent discussion. Neither is reddit. For that, I suggest seeking out a philosophy forum, but then you’ll likely feel like you’re the common idiot… speaking from experience.

• Krudler@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

You are being trolled, this person made a humongous ruckus and pissed everybody off, and insulted everybody, and is acting like he has no idea what’s going on.

If anybody was a candidate to be permanently nuked from the internet, it’s people like the guy you’re responding to.

• Syn_Attck@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I figured, but checking post history gave doubts. I’m seeing this kind of stuff everywhere on reddit and Lemmy… dumb questions almost so stupid and ‘triggering’ it’s like they’re designed to make people upset and nothing else.

• Krudler@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

It’s more sinister than that, not only did this person go out of their way to be a complete jerk, they spent the whole evening editing their posts and replies, just to provoke conflict.

• Syn_Attck@lemmy.today
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

more sinister than that

That’s what I’m thinking too. It’s part of the common trend I’m seeing here and on reddit. Posting for no reason other than to get people into a pissed off state of mind, and it’s not funny trolling by any means.