• TheActualDevil@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Is anyone defending Hunter Biden? I mean, I’m sure someone is (other than his lawyers who are paid to), but from what I’ve seen, everyone is of the thought that what he did is wrong and he should be prosecuted. Your comment feels like along winded “both sides” while propping up a strawman for one side and comparing it to a real person on the other and calling them equal.

• rigatti@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

He should be prosecuted if he did anything illegal. But as far as I’ve heard he hasn’t (other than whatever tax stuff he was charged with).

• TheActualDevil@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You’re commenting in a thread about an article publishes 2 days ago about an ongoing investigation by the oversight committee. There has to be an investigation and illegal actions found before prosecution can happen. This is literally an active evolving thing and you’re acting like you’re upset that we haven’t just jumped right to punishment.

And you still just blew right past being confronted with your “both sides” lies. Just moved right on to the next talking point, huh?

• rigatti@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I think you were thinking I’m someone else… to the point that I’m not actually sure you read my comment.

I’m not upset about Hunter Biden in any way. I don’t give a shit about Hunter Biden because he’s a private citizen. If he did something illegal, he should be prosecuted, just like anyone else (including Trump who did many obviously illegal things).

I’m not one of the people out there saying both sides are the same.

• rstrube@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That really wasn’t my intention, but I can see why you might think that. For the record I’ve largely voted Democratic (probably 80%+ over the past 4 election cycles - I do split my ticket typically) - so I’m definitely not trying to strawman here for the right.

I think there’s more and more evidence that Biden knew more than he originally admitted to, and that’s what I’m referring to. At the end of the day I really just think money corrupts politics and we should call that out whenever we see it.