• mozz@mbin.grits.devOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

If only it were possible to make social media posts more than once.

Personally I think you’re overstating the electoral impact of this post – if it really were “one powerful argument posted on social media = 350 votes”, then a community of 100 people could each make a post a week from now until the election and swing the election by one million votes.

I actually do think that’s somewhat similar to how it works. It is widely acknowledged that authoritarian governments are running organized troll campaigns on social media; every big social media platform has a team assigned to detecting and combatting it. I don’t think that would be happening if it simply produced 0 result. I think the result is less than 350, but it’s definitely not 0.

• humbletightband@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

This. You either become a bot in the hands of those you like or those who you don’t like win with the help of their bots. Needless to say, I don’t share your optimism, but I’m glad that we share the same despair.

I see how MGS2sation of the world is happening and I simply don’t know how to exist here politically.