• melpomenesclevage@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Also gore did win Florida though. The only reason he ‘didn’t win outright’ is because of tampering and tantrums by fascists.

He won. He won by all your fucking rules and if elections mattered, he would’ve been president.

One vote, 500 votes, because George bush didn’t win by any votes, and he got to be president.

“My shit doesn’t work so we just gotta do it harder and if it doesn’t work its your fault for not committing” you know I could say the sane thing about direct action, but that actually does work.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Outright winners don’t need recounts. There’d be nothing to tamper with. No opportunities for fascists on the ground to do direct action, or fascists in power to ignore the close results and make up whatever they like. The election would simply have been won.

But that didn’t happen.

And the reason it didn’t happen is that a lot of people stayed home, thanks to bullshit like yours.

• melpomenesclevage@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

He did win outright! Al gore won the election outright!

“The rules are made up and the points don’t matter so anyone who causes us to not get as many points as possible is a Nazi

And also the people making giving you points a massive moral compromise that makes my stomach turn isnt at all to blame.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

“Outright” is not decorative. Words… mean things. Al Gore won the election, technically. But the margin was so slim that there was a recount. There would not be a recount, if he had won the election… unambiguously.