• JustEnoughDucks@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Watched the first 3 episodes so far. For me it feels like fallout universe in westworld/HBO “trying to be gritty and shocking”.

Doesn’t scream amazing to me yet, but it has been fun so far.

• averyminya@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

From the start I’ve been wondering if this show really needs to be anything more than what has been described in this thread.

• keefshape@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

It doesn’t, it isn’t, and it works so well because of that.

I’ve finished the season now, and I think it was a really great adaptation. Just the right amounts of fan service and hoakey camp, just like the games are to their predecessors.

• averyminya@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Sounds like what it should be! Glad to hear. I don’t have it at the moment but I’m sure I’ll get my sights on it soon. Thank you! :)

• Friendship@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Agreed. I’m only two episodes in so far and it’s just been a fun adventure set in the Fallout universe which is exactly what I was hoping for from the series. I don’t need or even want an amazingly deep and thought provoking plot from this series so it’s been basically exactly what I wanted so far.

• Fashtas 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

“trying to be gritty and shocking”.

Yeah that was our take away. Overly gory, very little of the humor from the game. My wife abandoned it after 3/4 an episode (too much gratuitous violence for her) and I probably wont both with the rest

If you love that sort of hard core violence graphically depicted, with imaginative effects such as pushing a gun into someones head, and then shooting a hole through that (briefly) still live persons head, killing a few more people this may be your cup of tea.