Got a question? We’ve got answers!

Do you have question but don’t want to make a whole post? That’s fine. Ask right here! What is on your mind? Everyone is welcome to ask questions or provide answers. No question is too minor or small.

Include your stats if appropriate/relevant

Don’t forget to comment and interact with other posters here, let’s keep the good vibes going!

• ChadCMulligan@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I work from home at my computer and have two small children, my nearest gym is far enough away that a 60 min workout means being out of the house for 1h45m.

If I take the baby and the preschooler for a walk the furthest we can reasonably go before he’s tired is 5K in around 65 minutes.

I have at my disposal a farm yard, some fields, old car tyres, tractor tyres and general bits of wood.

Any suggestions for how I can fit in some good regular exercise around work and childcare?

• helloworld55@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Not sure on your fitness level, but assuming you have a little cardio base built up: Flipping tractor tyres end over end can be a really good workout. You could also do that footwork drill for cardio where you hop your feet in amd on different tires. I think searching “crossfit tires” would give some other good ideas.

Also, the rural community I grew up in had a cycling community that would go on bike rides in the morning. Are the roads around where you live safe enough from cars to cycle a bit? Maybe that could be an option. Same for jogging.

As for finding time, really you’re just going to have to choose a time and do it. Early morning workouts are the gold standard for people that work full time.

• BetaAssimilation@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I love https://darebee.com/ for all of their free body weight exercises. They have individual workouts and a bunch of programs that you can try. I personally like the programs so it’s less work for me having to pick out my workout everyday, plus some of them have fun rpg storylines.