I am trying to take control of my digital footprint and not trust big tech with my privacy.

The big step is to #degoogle my life. In order to do that, ironically, I need to buy a google pixel😁

• TheRecruiter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

This is going to be my next step as well, after switching to Manjaro a couple months ago. Unsurprisingly, after years of using stuff like Google Photos, Play Services, etc , it is not as easy as just a click of a button, but it’s definitely worth doing

• lukx
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Yes, using #grapheneos on my Pixel and I’m really happy with that, don’t want any other Android OS

• aradar1979@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

Yes, people keep suggesting it over lineageOS. That’s why I am buying a used Pixel.

• ratzki
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

LineageOS still uses many Google servers for location, time, etc. in underlying processes.

GrapheneOS have their own servers and are the only ROM to cut those ties to Google.

• Teppichbrand@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I’d like to try Graphene but older Pixel phones are end-of-life or not supported at all. So I again put LineageOS MicroG on my Pixel 3a and 4a. Those phones are super cheap and still great to daily drive. So no Graphene-experience for me, I guess.

• dino
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s one of those life choices which I also regularly worry about. But the alternatives are almost not available.