• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

I agree that he’s not stellar. So do the polls. My point is that third-party candidates aren’t spoiling the republican nomination, even though they’re funded by republicans. They’re running specifically to pull anti-Trump votes from Biden, and have a real effect on the potential for a second term for Trump.

• CileTheSane@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

I agree, the point OP was making is that Biden and the Democrats are taking advantage of Trump being the nominee by not trying very hard because “who else are you going to vote for?”

• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

I follow. Biden knows he’s polling way too low to be strong-arming the vote. That’s not what is influencing his lack of action regarding Netanyahu. This is how the US have handled the Iran-Israel proxy conflict since the 80’s. I do not think it’s right either. I do know that republicans have wanted an active Iranian war for decades though. That’s why the House is stalling the Ukraine/Israel support bill that’s already passed the Senate in favor of the new Israel aid bill currently being drafted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Israel_proxy_conflict