• TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

But then you can’t siphon off 99$ a night from them!

Come on, everyone! We gotta get those profits up!

• penguin@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

It has nothing to do with profits. It’s more profitable to have everyone work from home. Upper managers and executives simply prefer having everyone in the office because they like it. It’s their preference.

• Devdogg@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Uhh, yes it is? I mean, if you take a look at how much real estate San Francisco has just in its downtown area that should tell you something.

• Cosmonaut_Collin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Can we please think of the billionaires? What are they gonna do when their office buildings are empty? They need their property value! /s

• Chunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

They want to force attrition. They over hired and need to reduce headcount but they don’t want the negative press of laying more people off.

• sigswitch@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Whilst it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was the case, I’ve seen similar things at other companies, it’s a completely brain-dead strategy. The people who leave are the most qualified and capable employees who can easily find a job elsewhere and you’re just left with all the people who the company swept up in the boom period where they were hiring anyone with a pulse.