Let’s kick off the new Community with a (maybe not) controversial topic: What is your thoughts on a potential new Stargate series?

• ArcSil@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Obviously, I would prefer a series by Brad Wright with work from Joseph Mallozzi, but I don’t think we’ll be getting that from what Mallozzi has posted on Reddit. I would actually like to see either a series on a BC-304 or its successor, or I’d like to see a SG-1/SGA style base and explore series.

I really don’t want to see a pure reboot, or shudders a continuation of the original film and tossing out the canon we’ve known to love.

• Kalothar@lemmy.fmhy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, I don’t know if they are going to be able to capture the show without the original show runners.

While I love Stargate, I’m not sure how it’s format will fit into modern streaming platforms.

One of the best parts of the series is the slow accumulation of alliances, tech and knowledge of the Gouald. I feel if it’s a reboot it will unfold to quickly and come off pretty dumb, if it’s a continuation I wonder if there will be a time jump and we will see a lot of the tech integrated into the SGC or whatever it’s equivalent is.