• M137@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I don’t need it to be night to realise that. I have -13 on both eyes, near-sightedness (not sure about the correct terminology in English). I see clearly for about one centimetre right by the tip of my nose, everything closer or further than that is a blurry and fuzzy mess. To use my phone without glasses I have to press it against my nose and can only see about half of the screen width clearly.

• Psaldorn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think they just meant night time is when people remove glasses, so that’s when you notice the difference 😎

• PhreakyByNature@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Oof I’m circa -10/-11 and that’s rough enough. I’d say an inch vision not a centimeter for me.

• dubyakay@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Do you have an option for eye surgery?

I did it with -8/9 R/L and they sit at -0.5/1 diopter now nine years post LASIK. Best decision I’ve ever made.

• flashgnash@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’ve seen videos of eye surgery, no thank you I’m happy with my glasses and contact lenses

• dubyakay@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I’ve seen videos too. LASIK with double laser is the least intrusive. Pop a Xanax and fifteen minutes later it’s over.

I was enjoying the light show a lot. Very interesting experience and would do it again in a heartbeat if needed.

• ipkpjersi@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

It’s also not risk free. There are tons of YouTube videos talking about people’s bad experiences with it including possible side effects, some of which are a dealbreaker for me like a mouse cursor having starbursts. No thank you, I will take my glasses over that. I’d never opt for eye surgery unless medically necessary.