Update

I have been trying to fight off 4 people attacking the picture, and I cannot keep up on my own. I will certainly be willing to keep trying if anyone in this thread tells me that they want to help, but, if not, I cannot continue if these griefers keep at it.

I don’t understand how so many people can be so vehemently against the mere idea of freedom, and liberty. Why would one willingly prefer to be oppressed?

Original Post

I’ve plotted out an area at ~(226,206) on the Canvas (it’s community can be found at !canvas@toast.ooo) for the Gadsden Flag. I’m using this image as a reference (I drew it by using a scaled down version of this svg that I found as a reference, and drawing over it like a stencil in gimp. It’s not amazing, but I think it does the trick.). The reference is placed with a horizontal position of 129, a vertical position of 163, and a width of 117.

• Kalcifer@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I would appreciate it if someone who is downvoting could tell me their reasoning. If it is for rule violation, then I will abide.

• PropaGandalf@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Technically it’s no rule violation and you don’t have to change anything. But my guess is that people are expecting more philosophical types of posts. This is a libertarian community: you are free to share what you want but people may not like it. Just don’t bother much and carry on ;)

• PropaGandalf@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Also I love the disclaimer in your profile description about your content being openly licensed. Do you know if this can be legally enforced somehow?

• Kalcifer@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Thanks! I’m honestly not sure exactly how much of a legal foothold it has. I tried looking for some answers in this post, but it didn’t receive too much engagement. If anything, I’m hoping that it helps to set somewhat of an example for how user content should be treated.

• Kalcifer@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

It is indeed unfortunate that it has been adopted by quite obviously non-libertarian groups. I hope that these stains can be washed away by trying to spread the flags original meaning/symbolism – fundamentally, the Gadsden flag is the original symbol of true libertarianism.

P.S. Thank you for some of your help on the art! I saw you placing some yellow pixels on the top under the KDE mascot. Related to this, maybe we can incorporate the KDE mascotts foot into the flag somehow by using a darker yellow for a little bit of shadow?

• 7eter@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

that’s a great idea - i like when overlapping happens in these kinds of projects!

• Kalcifer@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

Unfortunately, it will be pushed quite a bit back, in terms of priority – people keep trying to deface the flag. It’s difficult for me to defend, and build the flag at the same time.

• Kalcifer@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I have an idea: there’s currently this paint roller with a rainbow that’s in the top left. What if we use that to add a diagonal rainbow across the flag in line with the paint roller? So in line with the angle of the paint roller, replace the yellow with the rainbow, but leave the black of the snake on top.