Well, Microsoft is getting ready to annoy its faithful Windows 10 user base with yet another prompt. This time, Microsoft wants Windows 10 users to switch from using a local account to their online Microsoft account.

• ABCDE@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Aye, I used Ubuntu back when I was working retail, as I’d put it on units which didn’t have Windows licences.

• ABCDE@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

The former is fine for copying and pasting. The latter probably not something I can be arsed with.

• Refurbished Refurbisher@lemmy.sdf.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

The latter is still mostly copying and pasting too FYI, along with reading error messages that generally tell you exactly what’s wrong.

Also, NixOS, is not FHS-compliant, so regular Linux binaries will not run without pagching or running it through a wrapper. AppImages work, but needs appimage-run. Flatpaks work fine as well.

I would only recommend NixOS if the concept of everything being inside of a configuration file that you can copy between machines sounds intriguing to you; otherwise, if you still want ultimate control over everything and want to use a Terminal, Arch. If you just want something that works without having to worry about configuration or copying Terminal commands, I’d go with Pop OS or Linux Mint Debian Edition.