In america a suicide hotline number is more likely to kill you than yourself, Regan was a bad person obviously but it’s a good thing the shitty mental healthcare we have isn’t another branch of the prison industrial complex. Do you have any faith in the government in doing it right? If not perhaps the left should advocate against such things. We should only be advocating for imprisonment politics if he had full control over the nation itself.

• RyanGosling [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

In america a suicide hotline number is more likely to kill you than yourself

I highly doubt that

And the US is still imprisoning neurodivergent people, and rowdy teenagers. The difference is that you don’t see advertisements recommending you send your children to be beaten by goons. It’s all coded to seem progressive and caring, but it’s still the same shit.

In Florida a few years ago, two preteens escaped an abusive foster home and went on a shooting rampage. The police decried it as the result of abandoning God. I don’t think the foster home was ever investigated. Journalists never really brought up the cause of it either.

Most people aren’t advocating for guys in white clothes showing up at night and kidnapping you because you’re depressed. They’re advocating for better access to doctors and medication and other changes to institutions and culture. The bare minimum that a lot of other countries have already met, yet the US refuses to do. It’s easier to get a gun than it is to get therapy for a lot of people.

do you have faith in the government doing it right

I have faith that it can be done if they choose to. Like I said, other countries have done it without a problem. The US is just unique in its evil and indifference despite being the richest country.