For the longest time I’ve been using ScorePal. This app is amazing.

The best functionality is that it has “score sheet templates”. These templates that are created by community and can then be used by everyone freely. All you had to do was select the game and fill the score sheet, the app calculates score and winners automatically. Here’s a pic from their website

The app also has other goodies such as:

• (Paid) BGG synchronization

• Tons of stats and graphs with metrics such as win-rate

• Nice interface

Unfortunately this app is no longer mantained by the original creator, last update is from 2018. BGG synchronization seems broken, I never find community score sheet templates anymore. I can still create my own scoring templates, it works fine, but the community aspect is gone.

I was wondering what everyone else is using. I’ve tried a bunch of apps, but I never found an app that is so good at creating custom scoring templates as ScorePal. I’d like to support an active developer but haven’t found a good alternative.

• Spat_U_Later@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I second Board Game Stats. It’s got a bunch of great customizing options too. You can do things like set the scoring method to things like players vs. game, or if you are playing a game in small teams, you can add multiple players onto a team to collectively track their score.

I’m also a sucker for data and stats, so it’s always fun to be able to look at previous plays, game statistics, player win rates, and other things. It is always a little bit of a bummer that it’s my score keeping record and my win rate is only about 30%.

• pathief@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m pretty sure I have installed this app in the past but I think it didn’t have any scoring templates :(

Seems like it’s a planned feature now, tho!

• Urbaer@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Bg Stats Released score sheets today.

Says there is “over 660 taylor-made [sic] game specific templates already available”

Haven’t tried these yet, but rest of the app is good

• oddspinnaker@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Same, I love Board Game Stats. I never thought I’d care about a board game app, but BG Stats is the best.

OP’s looks cool, it’s unfortunate that it’s not maintained.

• donio@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

If the game has a good score track we prefer that but for some like Star Realms we use SPT on Android. This is a pure score tracker which is all we want. Simple but sufficiently customizable UI with nice big buttons, options for 5 and 10 point increments and decrements.

• FurtiveFugitive@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I use ScorePal and my synching broke last year also. First, I did a manual backup of my plays. Then I deleted the app and did a fresh install and log in. Syncing worked again and works to this day.

That said, seeing bg stats got an upgrade, I’ll be trying to use it full time the next month and see how it goes.

• return0@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I only use a specialized one for Imperium: Classics/Legends, but couldn’t imagine the game without it. The automatic score calculation is a necessity, and being able to look back on past games is nice too.

https://imperiumscorer.surge.sh

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Huh, I was not aware ScorePal was abandoned, I’ve been using it since 2017 and still use it regularly. Guess that’s why the Google Drive backup is wonky now haha. Abandoned or no still a fantastic and functional app, maybe it’s proof of the “if it ain’t broke” philosophy

Edit: I’m seeing it was updated Feb 2022 to fix BGG syncing, are you sure you’re using the original and not a clone? Or is it an iPhone thing maybe? I’m on Android

• pathief@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Also on Android and app is up to date. Every play has a yellow warning sign.

Do you ever find scoring templates on “newer” games or do you always create your own?

• ProzacPimp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Trying signing out of BGG sync in the app settings, re-sign in and then ‘refresh’ your plays (swipe down when you are on the boardgames list page). This has fixed the issue for me in the past.