Have built a Thomas Henry LM-VCO and in the middle of building an Eddy Bergman / YuSynth ADSR and a VCA. Hooked up to an AI Synthesis Stereo Matrix Mixer and Hexinverter Mutant Brain with an Alesis QX-49 keyboard and SR-18 drum machine.

What should I do with the last 10hp of my case?

• Kashif Shah@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

That sounds like a plan.

I have some leftover TL074, a few CA3080, a few LM13700, and plenty of TL072 and basic CMOS chips and opamps, but I dont think I have the CD40106, but isnt a Schmitt trigger something that can be built entirely from transistors?

I’m thinking of making a 12hp generative module using arduino, DACs, and some code to operate as many CV controls as I can manage. Would be really cool to have it be able to implement a physical model algorithm for a guitar pluck or something, too.

• SuperSynthia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Oh for sure you can use transistors. Slightly Nasty makes a full fledged VCO from transistors. So a great micro controller would be either the teensy line or even a RP2040 (I think that’s the designation it’s a raspberry pi based microcontroller.). Look up the Europi they have some great code examples you could look at.