Prosecutors say the former president’s message on Truth Social raises specter he might use evidence to target witnesses.

In a court filing just before 10 p.m. Friday, Senior Assistant Special Counsels Molly Gaston and Thomas Windom alerted the judge in Trump’s latest criminal case — U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan — to a combative post Trump sent earlier in the day.

“If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” Trump wrote in all caps Friday afternoon on Truth Social, which is run by a media company he co-owns.

The prosecutors said Trump’s post raised concerns that he might improperly share evidence in the case on his social media account and they urged that he be ordered to keep any evidence prosecutors turn over to his defense team from public view.

• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

How about we stop acting like this is a goddamn game and take this seriously?

Throw him in jail until the trial starts.

• mojofrododojo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

The day he sees the inside of prison is the day I begin to re-evaluate my belief, or lack thereof, in a higher power.

Come on Anu/Vishnu/Zeus/Jesus/Utu/Osiris/Joe Pesci, make me a believer. Please.

• mojofrododojo@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

valid point, especially considering the large amount of free shit I’ve gotten from his beardedness, in direct opposition to the zilch I’ve gotten to the other deities mentioned.

• afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Destroy atheism, throw him in jail.

Might be a good slogan for Christianity. Haha.

You know this whole bullshit has just reenforced my atheism. There really is no one out there protecting us. If we don’t do the right thing we have to live with that.