Prosecutors say the former president’s message on Truth Social raises specter he might use evidence to target witnesses.

In a court filing just before 10 p.m. Friday, Senior Assistant Special Counsels Molly Gaston and Thomas Windom alerted the judge in Trump’s latest criminal case — U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan — to a combative post Trump sent earlier in the day.

“If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” Trump wrote in all caps Friday afternoon on Truth Social, which is run by a media company he co-owns.

The prosecutors said Trump’s post raised concerns that he might improperly share evidence in the case on his social media account and they urged that he be ordered to keep any evidence prosecutors turn over to his defense team from public view.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Some of the things in her story don’t really add up, particularly the bit about it being in Epstein’s apartment, and “identifying him” on TV years later on television. Accusations like this that wind up being false are extremely, EXTREMELY common.

Also, the chances of her knowing Epstein off hand but not Trump especially in 1994 are incredibly low. Epstein was a nobody in 1994, no chance were those two friends at the time.

Not saying it didn’t happen, but why would trump be hanging out in Epstein’s raggedy ass apartment to begin with?

• JesusFistus@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Epstein was not a nobody in 1994, why are you claiming so? It makes it look like you’re grasping at straws to defend Trump

• havokdj@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

defend trump

Lol. Lmao. Was that an attempt at comedy? Not about to get into this conversation. If you think I’m defending trump then there has to be some kind of barrier between us. I’m not defending trump, I’m attacking the accusations against him that were thrown by people who only wanted to get Hillary in office.

You realize he’s being investigated right now, nothing like this has come out and no charges related to this have been pressed since the investigations began.

I vehemently hate politicians, but there are only two things worse in a political position of power than that: tyrants and businessmen.

Yes, Epstein was “not a nobody” in 1994, but he sure as shit was not famous as fuck either, especially compared to trump at the time. He didn’t have an endless amount of wealth in 1994, try 1996. The fact that her case was one of the few that were ever dismissed are also telling considering the fact that Epstein still ended up going to prison for the rest of his (rather short) life. Epstein was a filthy evil piece of shit, but that would have been the case even if he was not an acting pedophile.

Let’s shift over to the case itself because that’s the main point here, not Epstein.

Personally, I think her case was a ploy set up to attack Trump while he was running for office, and she lumped in Epstein because of his several other charges coming on throughout that time period. The fact that it conveniently came at a time where she “recognized trump” over twenty years later but knew Epstein offhand is a bit suspicious don’t you think? Wouldn’t it have been the latter? And considering the fact that Epstein had been receiving charges since 2005, why would she wait until 2016 specifically to charge Epstein (and trump along with him)? At a surface level, it really didn’t seem like this case was about Epstein so much as it was Trump.

Don’t confuse what I’m saying with defending Trump. I’m playing devil’s advocate because truthfully both parties are evil, and every election there are baseless claims thrown out like this because both are willing to say anything and everything to try and get their candidate elected, Trump included.