Mine was a Wild Magic Sorcerer that vehemently believed he was a regular city guardsman and explained every bit of magic he produced away as pure happenstance.

• Clay_pidgin@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I wanted to play a necromancer of no particular class, whose skeletal grandmother followed him around under his thrall. His village practiced a kind of ancestor worship where on holidays they animate the skeletons of their family and dress them up in clothes and jewelry and try to (symbolically) show them a good time as a gesture of appreciation. The tribe’s forest was burned down or village destroyed and PC had to run for it, taking only his most prized possession - the bones of his matriarch. Over the course of the campaign I’d like to add nicer clothes and jewelry to the skeleton, maybe give it magic items.

Ultimately it’s just not feasible to play a non-evil necromancer, and my table doesn’t play evil anyway either.

Throwaway idea: A Loxodon (elephant) bard named Harry Elefánte.

• Khrux@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

If this is 5e, you could probably have done the first idea as a battlesmith artificer, flavouring your steel defender as the thrall.