What is this? Some sort of ‘protect the children because they’re totally not using apples and soda cans’ bullshit?

Why is this in any way necessary or even useful?

Edit: Just discovered this was about tobacco, making this even stupider since this product isn’t for tobacco, it’s for cannabis. https://dclcorp.com/blog/news/pact-act-impacts-vape-industry/

• Blueberrydreamer@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Are you seriously complaining about requiring a signature? Why should weed paraphernalia be treated any differently to tobacco?

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Since it requires me to be at home when I’ve never had to for this before? Yes.

And it should be treated differently because the law is about tobacco. if they want to make it about weed, they should specify that.

• admiralteal@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I think you may be forgetting that weed is illegal, federally. The product you’re buying is for tobacco – officially – because if it weren’t it would be a federal crime to ship it across state borders.

• gregorum@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

But it doesn’t contain tobacco (at the time of delivery) and isn’t electronic.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  2 months ago

I think I’d know whether or not the thing I bought was electronic. Especially since it was a replacement for the same thing which I bought once before.

• gregorum@lemm.ee
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    2 months ago

I understand that. As you can see by the other comment I left, I think it’s just an oversight in the law.