Could be from Gundam, or from any Mecha franchise. For me from Gundam, I think Barbatos is my favorite, I love the sleek animalistic look. But overall, I love the Armored Core mechs, I think my favorite design style is what that series hits with a cross between human looking and machine designs. I also love the artwork for Lancer, I think a lot of mech designs in that game are really evocative, and I really want to get a game going if I can get my more fantasy oriented friends to play something other than dnd5e, lol. Also, special shoutout to any mech with wings

• ChewyButtons@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The one that got me I to Gundam was Wing Zero from Endless Waltz, so I have a huge soft spot for that one. Other ones I really love are Unicorn, Barbatos, and GP-01.

Outside Of Gundam, I like Laevatein from Full Metal Panic, the designs of the Flight Units from Nier Automata, and GaoGaiGar.

Really looking forward to Armored Core 6!

• shrewdtype@possumpat.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Gundam probably wins by sheer quantity & quality spread, but Patlabors have a special place in my heart, I love them.

• preston@possumpat.ioM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Armored core is also among my favorites, the AC design language is so effortlessly iconic.

I’ve also got a soft spot for fantasy styled mechs like the Guymelefs from The Vision of Escaflowne

• Varyag@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Well, Gundam is a given. I think each AU has a unique pull to what makes their designs cool, from all of the UC that we’re used to, to G-Witch today. Outside of that, my favorite mecha are Armored Core and Battletech. One for the sleek and fast mechas, the other for big, heavy, bulky stompy robots made of sheer walls of armor.