Starting monday my car does not start charging at 11:00 PM as scheduled. I have had to wait until after 11:00, unplug the car, wait several minutes, and then plug it back in for charging to begin. I do not receive any errors in the app when scheduled charging fails. When I try to start charging via the app after 11:00 PM the app fails to initiate charging with the message that the car is not plugged in.

I have a Grizzl-e Avalance 40A charger with the ChargeLab app. The app says it sees a car connected and is available to charge at 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM when my rates are low. So far I have changed the Scheduled charge times to 10 minutes after the charger becomes available and I have disabled scheduled charging so the car should be trying to charge as soon as the plug becomes available. I have recently begun timing how long I have left the connecter out before plugging it back in. so far 30 seconds is too short a time, the car will claim it is not plugged in. 5 Minutes will work, tomorrow I will try 4 minutes and see if that is long enough.

• LostAndSmelly@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I resolved the issue by turning off scheduled charging in the car and relying on the charger’s schedule.

Edit: The problem was a faulty ICC ot was replaced as part of a recall. If you are having issues similar to this contact Hyundai ASAP. The issue can get worse over time and will likely be a free repair.

• corey389@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

The car schedule is much better than the charger schedule. Because when the charger stops the car thinks it’s unplugged and won’t do things in the background like battery balancing trickle charge the 12V and battery conditioning. Plus when doing pre conditioning you will pull power from the battery instead of the EVSE.

• LostAndSmelly@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Thank you for reviving this post. My Integrated Charge Controller had failed and was replaced under the recall. By the time my appointment came around I could only charge at DC chargers. Even with all that I am still glad I got the car.