This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/tifu by /u/wholesomefucktart on 2024-04-28 21:43:53.

Happened yesterday. My BF (29M) and I (27F) were watching news coverage of a clean-up taking place in a nearby suburb after a tornado came through. There were a few firefighters assisting with clean up, walking around, checking homes, and helping people. I accidently said, “Saving lives is so hot.” While watching. My boyfriend was a little taken aback and asked me what I meant. I told him firefighters were really attractive to me because they are so brave and selfless. It’s a huge turn-on.

He told me he felt like that was a messed up thing to say to him, that I shouldn’t be looking at other men like that. I assured him that I only want him, but maybe I’d enjoy doing some role playing. He got even more upset and said that I crossed the line and he doesn’t think he can really satisfy me because he’s nothing like a firefighter and doesn’t want to act like one. Things just kind of escalated from there.

In the heat of our argument, I told him I don’t get on him about him fantasies, and preferences of MMA women, and so on. He said it’s different because he’s a guy, and he doesn’t talk about it in front of me (he does).

He told me if I’m so turned on by firefighters, I should go be with one and stop leading people on. I tried to explain that it’s just a fantasy. I just appreciate the qualities of masculinity and bravery, I can’t help that. He said I emasculated him by having this fantasy. I didn’t want to keep fueling the fire, so I apologized, but he was still so upset. He told me he just needs to get away before he says some things he’ll regret. So he took off to his friends place and hasn’t contacted me since yesterday.

TLDR; So, by accidently thinking out loud, then suggesting a roleplaying scenario that my BF didn’t agree with, we got into a big blow out argument and he’s now staying over at his buddies house because he is so upset with me.